Pro Tips: Using Video for Facebook
January 21, 2019
In a world of FB Stories, Snapchat Filters, and IG TV, it could look like 2019 is the end for Facebook marketing — but that’s far from the case.
According to the social media scheduling tool, Buffer (which we use for scheduling and analytics!), 93.7 percent of businesses use and are currently active on Facebook — this is more than any other social media network (Twitter and Instagram are next at 84.4% and 80.9%, respectively)!
Of the top 500 posts on Facebook last year, 81% were videos!
Key takeaways from Buffer’s findings
- Video performs better than all other types of posts
- The most common reactions to top Facebook video posts are LOVE and HAHA
- Inspirational, funny, and practical content generates the most engagement
Great, so what do you do with this knowledge?
- Consider your goals when creating video
- Create content that showcases people and their stories
- Eschew quick “likes” for an engaged community
Break it down for me
- Consider adding video to your social media strategy not just your corporate website.
- Consider a more person-forward, storytelling style of video. At GK Visual, our goal is to incorporate art, emotion, and storytelling into everything we produce.
- Don’t post a link! Download your video from Vimeo and upload it to Facebook.
- Add a title so people know what they’re watching.
- Tag key players.
- Add relevant tags to increase your reach.
- Consider “boosting” your post and investing in sharing your story with a broader audience.